Part-Time - Hourly (Hours may vary based on business needs.)
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for the customer service of formatting and print reproduction of graduate theses and doctoral dissertations, for Montezuma Publishing, a division of Aztec Shops, Ltd., at San Diego State University. It includes preparing documents for formatting, formatting the documents, order-taking, printing, and maintaining quality control standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and inputs order from customers for formatting, review and processing and communicates with customer regarding status of order.
- Prepares materials for reproduction and binding following established standards and procedures.
- Formats graduate theses and doctoral dissertation according to San Diego State University and its department standards utilizing the appropriate software programs.
- Adheres to all deadlines established by the SDSU Graduate Division to ensure the timely graduation of SDSU students.
- Verifies quality and quantity of products and arranges pickup and deliveries of product to customers, departments, library and ProQuest.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with customers, coworkers, vendors, faculty, staff, and University personnel.
- Complies with all local, state and federal health, safety and employment laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience
H.S. diploma or GED equivalent is required. Some college preferred. Related experience and/or training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Must be very detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and work independently. Must be computer literate with demonstrated skill in digital technology (i.e., Adobe Acrobat, digital file manipulation, electronic file transfer) knowledge of Microsoft Office products; able to use new software and equipment. Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills are required.
Must be physically able to operate office equipment such as computers, copy machines, and facsimile machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; key pad or papers, book and reach with hands and arms. Employee is frequently required to sit and may occasionally stand and/or walk. Must be able to move, lift or carry heavy objects or materials up to 20 pounds. Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral visions, distance vision, and color vision for extensive reading and interpretation of reports and documents.
Work Conditions and Hazards
Work is regularly performed in a traditional office setting with occasional site visits to the SDSU Graduate Division offices. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Please fax or email Application and Resume to:
Background Check Information
A background check must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a full-time, part-time non-student, or sensitive student position with Aztec Shops Ltd. Background checks will include, at minimum, verification of education and employment histories, criminal records, national sex offender registry check, and references. Additionally, based on the nature and scope of the position, the background check may also include a credit report, motor vehicle report, and verification of professional licenses. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Aztec Shops employees who apply for the position. Aztec Shops Ltd. complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including fair employment practices and equal employment opportunity, when conducting background checks.
Back to Top