Full-Time - Hourly
The Assistant Visual Communications Manager works closely with the marketing team, under supervision of Creative and Visual Communication Managers, to support the ongoing needs, activities and projects to promote Aztec Shops Ltd. This position services as a key player in proofing, creating, updating, and delivering of marketing materials or a variety of venues and uses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitates the creative development of marketing campaigns and sales initiatives.
- Develop graphics/imagery for brochures, flyers, signage, social media, email, websites, etc.
- Responsible for initial round of proofing of marketing materials.
- Oversees execution dates for projects.
- General accounting and invoice distribution.
- Assists with department scheduling.
- Research and stay up-to-date on current design trends and practices.
- Follow project plans and timelines as directed.
- Update content in our ESP (Email Service Provider), as needed.
- Works with Marketing Assistants to ensure all assets are up to date.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience
One to three years experience in Graphics Design. Strong proficiency in using a Macintosh operating system and Adobe products (Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash) is required. Must have understanding of design, visualization, storytelling, branding, design principals (typography, color, layout, etc.). Must be able to handle a diverse workload of assignments in a timely manner with strong attention to detail and awareness of deadlines. Must be able to keep managers informed of project status, and proactively brings issues/problems to their attention. Must be able to work independently; demonstrates effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Product photography to include set design, placement, and lightning.
- Able to shoot and edit promotional video content.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS and working with email programs.
Must be physically able to operate computers, copy machines, facsimile machines and other general office equipment such as a 10-key calculator. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; key pad or papers, book and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk. Must be able to move, lift or carry heavy objects or materials up to 10 pounds. Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral visions, distance vision, and color vision for extensive reading and interpretation of reports and documents.
Work Conditions & Hazards
Work is regularly performed in a traditional office setting. There may be exposure to airborne particles created from incoming boxes and merchandise. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please email Application and Resume to:
Background Check Information
A background check must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a full-time, part-time non-student, or sensitive student position with Aztec Shops Ltd. Background checks will include, at minimum, verification of education and employment histories, criminal records, national sex offender registry check, and references. Additionally, based on the nature and scope of the position, the background check may also include a credit report, motor vehicle report, and verification of professional licenses. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Aztec Shops employees who apply for the position. Aztec Shops Ltd. complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including fair employment practices and equal employment opportunity, when conducting background checks.
Back to Top