Part-Time Hourly (Hours may vary based on business needs, must be available to work weekends)
Assists management in providing support to create an environment that promotes teamwork, continuous improvement, learning, customer satisfaction and high standards of service. Utilizes human resources effectively to manage workload, achieve production, and provide quality services to customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists management with the operations staff, which includes coaching of employees, setting work priorities, and directing work assignments to ensure effective operations.
- May assist in planning and preparing work schedules and assigning employees to specific duties and tasks.
- Executes sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing food displays and advertising copy.
- Assists management in daily unit operations to ensure that proper procedures and guidelines are in place and followed for provision of quality products and services.
- Resolves customer issues and complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Supervises and trains employees engaged in food preparation, cash registers, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily record of transactions. May perform work of subordinates as needed.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with customers, coworkers, vendors, student organizations, faculty, staff, and University personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring continued compliance with all local, state and federal health, safety and employment laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience:
The minimum requirement for applicants is a High School Diploma or GED; plus six
months to one year of experience in food service/retail operations; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Strong interpersonal skills, self motivation, and organization skills required.
Food Handler certificate from California preferred.
For Crew Leads working within the Catering Department, a valid state driver’s license isrequired.
Must be physically able to operate food service equipment
(to include but not limited to) slicers, mixers, knives, ovens, and steamers, as well as cash
register and office equipment such as computers, copy machines, and facsimile machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit,
and stand for prolonged hours; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, cooking tools,
or control; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to move, lift or carry heavy
objects or materials up to 50 pounds. Specific visual abilities required by this job include
close vision, peripheral visions, distance vision, and color vision.
Must have the ability to talk (expressing and/or
exchanging ideas by means of spoken words) and hear (perceiving sounds of nature by
Work Conditions and Hazards:
Work is regularly performed in a food
production area where there is frequent exposure to food fumes or airborne particles. The
employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed
to humid and hot conditions as well as cleaning chemicals. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Please Fax or e-email Application/Resume to:
San Diego State University, Education Bldg., Room 112
Fax: (619) 594-2876
A background check must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a full-time, part-time non-student, or sensitive student position with Aztec Shops Ltd. Background checks will include, at minimum, verification of education and employment histories, criminal records, national sex offender registry check, and references. Additionally, based on the nature and scope of the position, the background check may also include a credit report, motor vehicle report, and verification of professional licenses. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Aztec Shops employees who apply for the position. Aztec Shops Ltd. complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including fair employment practices and equal employment opportunity, when conducting background checks.
Back to Top